Club Med Val Thorens
“You hit the pristine slopes while we prepare the fondue.”
A very contemporary spirit, designed by Sophie Jacqmin and Studio Arch.
One of the main aims of the architects was to get maximum benefit from the mountain panorama: the rooms have a magnificent view over the ski area, with vast windows to give maximum light; the Resort’s three terraces are all oriented to get maximum exposure to the sun.
Val Thorens Sensations really stands out from the rest of the architecture at Val Thorens; it gets its powerful identity from its sharp, clean lines, the glass atrium and the use of contrasting materials (wood, stone, steel and glass).
The brightly coloured exterior gives the architecture a bright spirit that echoes the lively mood associated with Club Med and the activities staged indoors.
The warm atmosphere of the communal areas and use of bright, sharp colours enhance the traditional materials (wood and stone) and the elements borrowed from a more industrial environment (glass, steel, coloured concrete).
The Resort stands at an altitude of 2300 metres (7,545 ft).
- Resort Altitude: 2,300m
- Domain Altitude: 1,300m – 3,200m
- Transfers: Grenoble St-Geoirs airport – 3 hours / Geneva-Cointrin airport – 3 hours / Chambery-Voglans airport – 2 hours / Bourg St-Maurice train – 1 hour 15 mins / Moutiers train – 50 mins
- Ski pass: Three Valleys with access to 600kms of slopes – 35 black / 110 red / 104 blue / 68 green
- Accessibility: Ski-in, ski-out
- 384 Rooms: 360 Club Rooms, 13 Deluxe Rooms, 5 Junior Suites, 6 Suites
- Sports: Skiing, snowboarding, cardio & weights room, climbing wall, snowmobile*, toboganning*, boardercross*, mountain biking on snow*
- Childcare: No kids’ clubs. Welcomes children from 2 years old.
- Restaurants: 1 buffet, 1 à la carte
- Dates Open: 20/11/16 – 30/04/17