Very busy in the office, its nice to see us heading towards our busiest January ever. Amazing holiday bargains to be had in all our popular destinations. However one client stood out this week and asked me to come up with 10 Reasons as to why they should use us as a travel agent compared to using the internet , literally a minute before I was just reading an article from an agent in the USA, who had the same debate with a client.
Personally as an agent I could come up with a lot more than 10 …….. but these were to start with
1. You’ve Googled ” Mauritius Holiday,” and come up with 17.8 million responses. Need a little help editing those choices?
2. Remember when you used that obscure website to book your hotel, and when you got there you spent your beach holiday overlooking the car park?
3. How many hours were you on hold with the airline when your flight was canceled because of snow?
4. Did you really mean to spend your honeymoon at that resort whose one tiny pool was filled all day with 12 screaming children?
5. Who knew that when you booked that “villa” in Tuscany, it would be a small room with a kitchenette and no air conditioning? Funny, it looked much better on your computer screen.
6. No one explained to you that in July, it’s winter time in Rio, and so you showed up there with nothing but five Hawaiian shirts and three pairs of swimming trunks.
7. How about the time you really needed a restful holiday, and you ended up in New Orleans during Mardi Gras ?
8. Yes, I guess that hotel must have used a telephoto lens when they took a picture of those guest rooms that you saw on their website.
9. I suppose contacting the Attorney General to resolve the fact that that Internet site has billed your credit card three times instead of once is the only route to take at this point and you travelled without ATOL financial protection….
10. It was definitely odd that there were no cab drivers at the airport at 3 o’clock in the morning when you finally landed in Mauritius, but booking a transfer to your very remote hotel would have been a good thing to remember when you purchased your airline ticket and hotel online.
Can you think of any more reasons as to why you should book with a travel agent ? If so please email me at email@example.com and the best reply will win a lovely hamper from Hotel Chocolat